Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Version 1.5.0.5: Favorites revisited

I have been using Prosper's Watch List over the past week... and it is nice... but it has a few flaws. You cannot watch expired listings, and withdrawn listings just disappear. I assume cancelled listings will disappear as well.

Thanks to DebInVenice's post on the forums... this got me thinking. Having a watch list for listings is useful but it is really not what I desire. I feel it is more important to watch a borrower. The main advantage is when a borrower withdraws and relists, by watching the borrower, the new listing will automatically appear on the favorites list. Also, if a borrower comes back for a second loan you will automatically find this borrower added to your favorite list.

I also will be moving the Notes feature to be borrower centric in the next few days. Again this just makes more sense. My old Favorite Listings will be phased out completely in favor of the borrower favorites list. Soon I will allow you to Hide listings on your Borrower's page. This way you don't have to keep looking at a listing that was withdrawn while you wait for the relist.

Currently listings created within the past 30 days that are associated with a borrower on your favorites list will appear in the list. These listings can be expired, cancelled, withdrawn, completed, active, any state. If your bidding history is still available that will be displayed as well.

So how does it work? From the listing detail page you currently click the 'Save to Favorite List'. No indication occurs at this time and you can click as many times as you want it will not affect anything. Soon I will have an indicator showing the borrower has been added. But once added the borrower's current or most recent listing will appear on the favorite list for borrowers.

Prior to this release the information such as the percent funded was only updated once a day. This has been greatly improved and is only a few hours old at this time... and will get even better soon.

I also moved the Favorites menu item. See this screenshot. Also the options for my extension have been moved to this new 'Extension Options' menu item. (They exist in both places for now but will soon no longer be available from Your Account.) I post more about the options later.





On the borrower's favorite list... if you decide you no longer want to watch the borrower click the Remove button. Remember very soon I will add the Hide functionality to the favorites list as well. And the picture will be added as well.




In general I will be moving features to a borrower centric model over the next few releases, completely phasing out my watch list for listings. Even as I was typing of this blog entry I had a borrower relist... it automatically appeared.

No comments: