Sunday, February 11, 2007

First entry - and some history

It seemed better to allow people to subscribe to a blog to receive updates on my extension to Internet Explorer. I will keep the old site up for awhile.

A little history. I have been using the Prosper website as a lender for about a year. Along the way I felt there was a need for some improvements in the website. Rather than just complain, I decided to find away to improve my experience and make my time on the site more productive.

I have many years of experience as a Windows developer. I had however never created an extension to Internet Explorer. So after a lot of experimenting I succeeded in creating a very simple extension that set the foundation.

My first feature was to enable easy viewing of the Prosper forum entries for listings. I felt a lot of useful information existed here and I wanted to be able to easily access it. Second, I wanted to encourage all lenders to view and post information. That was my reasoning for first releasing my extension to the world. That feature still exists, however, I believe it has been overshadowed by the many other features that I've added.

I will continue to post details on the various features over the next few days. Please leave comments.

No comments: