Monday, February 18, 2008

Export your loan details

From the Your Account page, click View Recent Loans... only you won't be viewing just recent loans but all of your loans... I modify that link. Then on the resulting page I add a button called Export. When complete click View Export Link. The easist way to make the sample viewable is a PDF file... so click here. It will take time to download all of this data if you have a lot of loans. I have 4 pages worth and it takes around 5 minutes.

You will see principal and interest paid, and if necessary the loan amount collected from defaults. Not shown in the PDF is a rollup summary that calculates your ROI. I show two numbers, best case and current based on all lates defaulting as of right now. Basically the numbers have shown that 85% of the time a late becomes a default. So I take the worse case and say if it is late at any stage it is a default. One thing to note about this ROI calculation as well as all the others out there.. none of them can take into account the actual amount of money you have placed into Prosper. It is only based on the amount you have bid including re-investments... which in my case is a few thousand dollars higher than the amount I have actually invested. I prefer to examine my ROI based on my initial investment... so I change cell C1 to that amount.

No comments: