Friday, July 27, 2007

Version 1.8.3: performance fix

With a 3rd party site down that I rely on I have modified the code to automatically get the data elsewhere. Typically this is slower but slow is better than not at all.

Some info cannot be retrieved when this 3rd party site is down. The worst case is the popup Market Analysis. But you can always find the same data by simply clicking on Broad, Narrow, Specific to view the full Prosper Market Analysis.

The first time you attempt any of the functions I have to wait for the 3rd party site to timeout. After that I assume it is down and will not check again until you restart IE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great tool, However, after I install it, the prosper website crashes. It's fine after I uninstall. Any idea what's wrong?

Retireme99 said...

Thanks for letting me know you are having issues. I create a log file that may contain the answer. Depending on Vista or XP it is in \users\"username"\appdata\locallow\prosper\prosperie\debug.txt or \program files\prosper ie ext\debug.txt.

You can always send me a message through Prosper with more details.